I’ve been doing triathlons, running races, and assorted swim/bike/run events for years and despite a significant decrease in events since having kids, it’s still something I really enjoy. There are a handful of races that I never wrote about, but for the most part this is also an accurate reflection of events I’ve done over the years. (Most of the pre-2008 lists are incomplete.)
- Yuri’s Night 10K (4/8/17)
- Aliens vs. Astronauts 5K (3/19/16)
Found out in late December 2014 that I was pregnant and due in September so once again, racing was non-existent.
- Yuri’s Night 5K (4/18/15)
More unforeseen circumstances derailed my running plans in the second half of the year.
- St. Thomas 5K (10/4/14) – Emma’s 1st Kid’s K! – Didn’t blog about my run.
- Lunar Rendezvous 5K (7/19/14)
- Yuri’s Night 5K (4/5/14) – Didn’t blog.
Making a slow (um, REAL slow) but determined return to racing…
- Clear Lake International Sprint Tri (8/24/13)
- Sylvan Beach Sprint Triathlon (6/9/13)
- TriGirl Super Sprint (5/12/13)
- Seabrook Lucky Trails Marathon Relay (3/17/13)
Found out at the beginning of December 2011 that I was pregnant and due in August! So racing in 2012 was pretty sparse.
- Space City 10-Miler Relay (10/14/12)
- Yuri’s Night 5K (4/7/12) – Walked it since I was pregnant. Didn’t blog about it.
Not a great year due to several unforeseen circumstances, but any year that involves races is still a good one!
- RunGirl Half Marathon – Relay (12/11/11) – Speed-walked my half of the race since I’d found out only a week before that I was pregnant!
- Y Freedom Sprint Tri (6/26/11)
- Sylvan Beach Du (6/12/11)
- Silverlake Sprint Tri (5/15/11)
- Yuri’s Night 5K (4/16/11)
- Aramco Houston Half Marathon (1/30/11)
The first part of the year was average, but in September I started training with the goal of setting a new half marathon PR at the Houston Half Marathon in January 2011. It was the first time in a couple years that I’d seriously trained for anything. Little did I know I’d totally smash my old PR almost 2 months ahead of schedule!
- RunGirl Half Marathon (12/12/10) – PR!
- Reindeer Run 5K (12/4/10) – PR!
- USA Space City 10-Miler (10/10/10)
- Safety Day 5K (10/8/10)
- Toughest 10K in Houston (9/18/10)
- Y Freedom Sprint Tri (6/27/10)
- Silverlake Sprint Tri (5/16/10)
- Summer Kick-Off 5K (5/8/10)
- Lonestar Sprint Tri, I mean Du (4/24/10)
- Gateway to the Bay Olympic Tri (4/11/10)
- Yuri’s Night 5K (4/10/10)
- Great Escape Bike Ride (3/14/10)
- Great Urban Race (2/27/10)
- Rockets Run 5K (1/31/10)
- Aramco Houston Half Marathon (1/17/10)
Between planning a wedding and building a house, my participation in races suffered. I had an annoying number of DNS (did not start) races, but managed to cross a few finish lines.
- USA Space City 10-Miler Relay (10/11/09)
- Y Freedom Sprint Tri (6/28/09)
- Yuri’s Night 5K (4/4/09)
- Rockets Run 5K (1/31/09)
- Aramco Houston Half Marathon (1/18/09)
This was unquestionably the best year of my triathlon career, both in terms of number of races and order of finish, and I’d love to repeat it sometime.
- Reindeer Run 5K (12/6/08)
- NASA JSC Cross Country Run (10/17/08)
- USA Space City 10-Miler Relay (10/12/08)
- Clear Lake International Tri (8/23/08)
- Ironbabe Sprint Tri (8/16/08)
- Lunar Rendezvous 5K (7/19/08)
- Y Freedom Sprint Tri (6/29/08)
- Sugar Land Women’s Sprint Tri (6/21/08)
- Combat Sprint Tri (5/24/08)
- Silverlake Sprint Tri (5/18/08)
- Summer Kickoff 5K (5/10/08)
- Bayou Bash Relay (4/26/08)
- Pi Mile 5K (4/12/08)
- Lonestar Quarter Ironman Tri (3/30/08)
- Resurrection Run 5K (3/22/08)
- Great Escape Bike Ride (3/16/08)
- Seabrook Lucky Trails Half Marathon (3/15/08)
- Texas Independence Relay (3/1-2/08)
- Surfside Beach Half Marathon (2/9/08)
- Galloway Gallop 10K (2/2/08)
- Mardi Gras 10K (1/26/08) – PR!
- Aramco Houston Half Marathon (1/13/08)
- Houston Urban Adventure Race (7/14/07)
- Lonestar Half Ironman – Swim, Bike, Run (4/1/07) – 4-part race report!
- Aramco Houston Half Marathon (1/14/07)
- Webster Duathlon (7/23/06)
- Fleet Feet 8.4K (11/13/05)
- Marine Corps 8K (10/29/05)
- Houston Marathon (1/16/05) – first (and only, so far) marathon!
- Speedo Womens Sprint Triathlon (5/2/04)
- Bayou Bash Relay (4/24/04)
- MS150 Houston-to-Austin (4/17-18/04)
- Austin Half Marathon (2/15/04)
- Houston Half Marathon (1/18/04) – first half marathon!