Last night around 10:30, I officially sewed the last seam in my Gypsy Wife quilt top! Yaaaaaay!
As a reminder, here’s the digital mockup I made way back in August before I had sewn a single stitch. Turned out to be pretty darn accurate! I had to make several slight adjustments to color placement as I went along because I was working with a few 10″ square bundles and ran out of a few colors before I was finished with the blocks. But the range of colors in each layer cake was wide enough that I could always find a close-enough replacement by just going up or down a tone or two.
As much as I want to finish this off, for the rest of this month I’ve got to focus on making hanging sleeves for my two QuiltCon pieces — and finishing off a bit of hand-stitched binding. (Ahem, I may or may not have used the “cheater” method of pinning down the binding on the back in order to get a photo in time to make the deadline for one of them. Maybe I did or maybe I didn’t…I’ll never tell!)
I haven’t decided how to quilt Gypsy Wife yet, so I can think about that while I’m working on sleeves, and when that’s done, I’ll be ready to finish this off!
p.s. I’m doing a 31 day blog writing challenge!