2017 Crafty Goals
I set a pretty aggressive list of sewing/quilting goals for the first quarter (January-March) of this year…and while I didn’t get it all done, I made surprisingly good progress:
- Secret Sewing project. Done!
- Long Time Gone Sew-Along. Begun! (And on track.)
- Barn Quilt Block of the Month. Done! January, February and March.
- Interwined mini quilt and quilt pattern. Done!
- Diamonds Galore quilt for my mom. In work! I’ve been making steady progress on this in the last couple weeks.
- Looptastic quilt for Charlotte. In work, but it’s been stalled for a while.
- Tackle one UFO (unfinished object) per month. Nope. Didn’t finish a single UFO.
I have an equally or possibly MORE aggressive set of goals for April-June, with three full quilts plus a couple minis and many blocks on the list. I’m going to put my one-UFO-per-month goal aside, but will keep plugging away at Charlotte’s stocking since that’s the UFO I care the most about by far.
- Finish Diamonds Galore quilt for Mom.
- Barn Quilt Block of the Month. I’ll be picking and writing up a pattern for an April block in the next week or so. I really love the 3 blocks I’ve made so far!
- Modern Quilt Guild’s Riley Blake challenge. I registered for this in time to get free fabric — 6 fat eights from the new Creative Rockstar collection. I’m going to make a paper-pieced mini quilt and drew up the templates for it over the weekend. Now to get sewing! The deadline is the end of April.
- Pantone quilt challenge. I haven’t participated in this challenge before but this year’s Pantone color of the year is “Greenery” — a lovely, bright, grassy green — so I’m going to give it a go. I plan to make a mini based on my quarter moon pattern. Hopefully it turns out looking like it does in my head! The deadline for this one is May 29.
- Mesa quilt for my new niece. My niece was born on Saturday! And now that I know she’s a girl, I can get started on a quilt for her. (Yes, I obviously could have made a gender-neutral quilt as well, but I didn’t want to.) I had already picked a pattern, but I made my final fabric selections earlier this week. It should arrive by the weekend.
- Long Time Gone Sew-Along. This kicked off in mid-March and we’ve done four block sets so far. All the blocks will be done by the end of June so by the time this quarter of the year wraps up, it’ll be time to finish the top and quilt it!
- Secret Sewing project. I have another secret sewing project lined up and while the dates aren’t set in stone yet, I’m expecting it to be due by the end of June.
- Finish Charlotte’s stocking. Enough said.
Let’s do this, spring quarter 2017!