Ok, she’s 16 months old so she doesn’t REALLY have a wish list. But here’s what she’ll be getting!
1. A toy shopping cart. This is on its way as I type — her major present from Jose and me this year. She loves taking objects out of containers and putting them back in, so I’m hoping that a small cart that she can push around the house will be a big hit.
2. Books. I saw a review that said this one, Rosie Revere, Engineer, was really cute, and I can’t resist the fact that it’s about a little girl engineer!
3. Play tent. The one pictured here is from Land of Nod, but I’m a little crazy so I’m attempting to DIY one of these for Emma. I’ve got all the supplies and will be working on it this week. I’ll let you know how it turns out…
4. Step stool. Calling it a Christmas gift might be cheating since I’ve been meaning to get one of these for a while, but fortunately Emma won’t know the difference this year. This should be the perfect thing for her to stand on when we brush her teeth (as opposed to sitting her precariously on the counter like we do now).
5. Handmade toys. Just in case the tent doesn’t work out, I’m making these DIY toys as a backup. The monster doll pictured here is from A Monster to Love, but they put together a basic pattern on Craftsy that’s simple and fun. I finished it over the weekend and will post photos soon. The second is a baby toy slot box from Made by Joel. I already got some wooden coins from the craft store, so this should be able a 20-minute project that Emma will hopefully enjoy.
6. Kid-sized table and chairs. My parents want to get this for her, so Jose and I looked at a few different options at Buy Buy Baby over the weekend and will probably end up with the one pictured here (or very similar). There were two different sizes of table/chair combos — one is the perfect size for her right now, and the other is a little big. But knowing that she’ll grow into it, the bigger one will be useful for a lot longer. That’s the one I recommended to my mom, and she agreed.