It is with great fanfare and much ado that I finally present…Charlotte’s Christmas stocking! Woohoo!
I bought the cross stitch kit shortly after she was born and originally hoped to have it done last year. When that didn’t happen, it sat for quite a while. After finishing the cross stitch itself back in May, it sat again until last Friday when I finally (finally!) pulled it out to turn the cross stitch into a finished product.
The cross stitch kit had totally crap instructions for finishing, so I used the same basic steps I made up when making Emma’s four years ago to secure the stitching to fabric and turn that into a fully lined stocking. The fabric is a simple red holiday print from Joann’s that I picked up last year.
I may be biased, but they look so good together hanging from the mantel! Can’t wait for Santa to fill them up in a few weeks!
p.s. I’m doing a 31 day blog writing challenge!