Things I learned this weekend:
1) I taste good, at least if you are a mosquito. Saturday night was the luau at Nick, Curt, Debbie, and Paul’s place, and as a result of sitting by the pool in my swimsuit, I am now one big mosquito bite. Last night I told Ron “you would not believe how much I want to show you my ass right now” and he laughed really hard, but I have 32 mosquito bites on my butt alone (you know, right below where my bathing suit ended), and I didn’t figure he’d believe me unless I showed him. Oh well. He said he trusted me. Imagine that! Anyway, in addition to the 32 on my butt, I counted 23 on my right thigh, 13 on my left calf, 2 on my face, 1 on my shoulder blade…and then I got bored and stopped counting. I estimate I have somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 mosquito bites right now.
2) I like dancing on bars. Yes, I was surprised at this one too. We went to Bar Houston on Friday night, and got our groove thang on for a few hours. Brienne and I took to the bar for a few songs, and I was quite entertained. Very fun. Will have to do it again.
3) I am a clumsy oaf. So I was minding my own business walking from the kitchen to the couch on Saturday when a bear ran into our apartment and stomped on my toe, making it all black and blue and swollen and generally painful to walk on. Either that, or I ran into the couch.
4) Determining which pitcher gets the win in a baseball game can be arbitrary. Random. I figured one of my guys would get a win for my fantasy baseball team because his team was winning when he left the game, even though he lasted less than 3 innings. Apparently this is not so. Apparently starters have to go 5 innings to be eligible for a win. See baseball rule 10.19.
5) I must have a convertible. Nick let me borrow his car on Saturday, so I got to cruise Clear Lake in a green mustang convertible. It was quite enjoyable.
6) Don’t leave the emergency brake on while driving. Yeah. I knew this one. I just forgot. Bad for the brake, and makes a funny smell.