2017 Crafty Goals
Whew! Y’all, I had a borderline crazy list of sewing goals for April-June and believe it or not, I actually accomplished every. single. thing. on the list — plus a few more.
- Finish Diamonds Galore quilt for Mom. Done!
- Barn Quilt Block of the Month. Done! April, May and June.
- Modern Quilt Guild’s Riley Blake challenge. Done!
- Pantone quilt challenge. Done!
- Mesa quilt for my new niece. Done!
- Long Time Gone Sew-Along. In work and on track. I still have a few pineapple blocks and checkerboards to finish up, but I fully expect to finish my top along with the rest of the group by July 28!
- Secret Sewing project. Done! This was a quilt I made for Craftsy that I will post more about as soon as the kit is available on their site.
- Finish Charlotte’s stocking. Done! I finished the cross stitch in May.
- Not originally planned but done anyway — Hold Fast mini, Trolls dress and The 100 Day Project.
I have to admit that I was actually pretty amazed when I realized every item on my list was complete. And while I’m proud of myself for making it happen, I also have recognized the need to scale back for a bit. My recent vacations have reminded me that downtime is good too and I want to bring more of it back into my life on a daily and weekly basis. I’m long overdue for lazy weekday evenings watching TV with Jose, or kid naptimes spent reading a good book instead of heading to the sewing machine. Basically, I am once again remembering a recurring “note to self” that sewing is my hobby, not my job!
With that in mind, here’s my toned-down list of goals for July-September.
- Barn Quilt Block of the Month. I am enjoying this project and will continue it.
- Long Time Gone Sew-Along. After nearly 4 months, the sew-along is wrapping up and I’ll finish this quilt! I’m REALLY excited to see all my individual blocks come together and look forward to snuggling with it on the couch.
- Baby quilt for my new nephew. Jose and I will have a new nephew sometime in October so of course he needs a quilt!
- Finish Charlotte’s stocking. With the cross stitching done, it needs to be turned into an actual stocking. I’ve got the fabric already so it’s just a matter of making it happen.
Other than those 4 items, I’m going to let things evolve more naturally this summer. If I get some other projects done as well, that’s great but if I don’t get anything done beyond those things, so be it!