I set a pretty aggressive list of sewing/quilting goals for the first quarter (January-March) of this year. With a few weeks left to go, it’s actually going pretty well overall. Some of the smaller items won’t get done by the end of this month, but almost all of the big ones will.
- Secret Sewing project. Almost done! I’ll be able to show it off in a few months and I can’t wait. I have put a lot of effort into making this quilt the very best it can be including a crazy decision to start all over on the quilting. I kept quilting a bit, studying it, quilting a bit more, studying a bit more. Finally when I was about 75% finished, I decided I wanted to try again. Yes, you read that right: I was 3/4 done with the entire quilting process when I changed my mind. So earlier this week I ripped every single quilting stitch — thousands of them — out of my throw-size quilt. It took 4 hours over two days. But it was worth it, and my second attempt is making me much happier.
- Long Time Gone Sew-Along. Starts next week! I’m really excited and — drumroll, please — I have finished ALL the cutting. There’s a lovely, organized box full of tiny, tiny pieces sitting in my sewing room and since everything is ready to go, I have absolutely no excuse to do anything other than sew up these blocks each week. I’ll share them here periodically, and more frequently on Instagram.
- Barn Quilt Block of the Month. January and February blocks done. One more this quarter, and 10 more this year…
- Diamonds Galore quilt for my mom. In work. I chose and ordered fabric and it arrived last week. I’ll be working on this once I wrap up my secret sewing project. I think I can at least get the top finished by the end of the month. I’m not going to post a ton of photos of this one until it’s finished. Even though my mom gave me some ideas, I want the final result to be a surprise!
- Interwined mini quilt. Finished the mini in January, and then last month I had 5 awesome volunteers test the pattern for me and I’m working on incorporating their comments and finalizing the pattern.
- Looptastic quilt for Charlotte. I haven’t made any progress on this in several weeks. Current priority order is to finish my secret sewing quilt, then mom’s quilt, then this one.
- Tackle one UFO (unfinished object) per month. UFOs have fallen to the very bottom of my list, which I suppose is to be expected. I continue to work bit by bit on Charlotte’s stocking, but haven’t tackled the other two UFOs on my list for this quarter.
I have an equally aggressive set of goals for April-June, but I’ll do a little reassessment at the end of this month since a few of these will still be in work.