Well, I had my first negative sewing swap experience last month when my original Starbucks mug rug swap package went MIA. Tracking showed it delivered but a week later, I still hadn’t heard anything. I had the swap coordinator chase it down…and found out there had been a break-in at the recipient’s mailbox. So, SO very disappointing.
The swap coordinator told me I wasn’t obligated to remake, but I felt bad that my recipient wouldn’t get anything. It took me a few weeks since I was in the middle of finishing my Triangles at Play quilt — which I finally did in the middle of last week! — but over the weekend I raided my scrap bin a second time and remade this paper pieced sewing machine mini.
It’s funny to see how it turned out a little different this time. I was able to fix a couple minor mistakes I made last time in spots where I accidentally used scraps instead of background fabric. The color scheme is a little more blue, a little less purple, and until I looked back at my previous post while writing this one, I’d forgotten that I did an aqua binding last time. This time I went more plain with a binding that matched the background and backing.
I put this in the mail yesterday. Fingers crossed that it makes it to my swap partner this time!