I finished Emma’s Geranium dress! And I’m proud to report that it turned out really cute! I put her in it yesterday evening despite her non-matching pink socks and new sneakers and she ran around in the backyard long enough for me to take a few photos.
I sewed snaps on the back as the closure, but I guess I bought weak snaps or something since the simple act of running around the yard made a couple of them pop open. I’m going to have to take off the snaps and make buttonholes instead. Kind of a bummer, since sewing on the snaps was actually a bit time-consuming.
Still, this dress was really easy to put together overall, partly because it’s pretty simple to begin with, and partly because I chose the simplest options — a plain scoopneck instead of adding the optional notch, and I skipped the optional patch pockets.
The fabric is from the Sweet Tea collection by Anthology Fabrics. I ordered it a while ago — last summer at least, and possibily earlier. (I got it from fabric.com but it doesn’t look like they have it anymore.) The bodice lining is a cheap mint green solid I got at Joann.
I made my kid a dress! I feel like super mom! Whee!